Welcome to The Boxer Dog Stories

Specs Dogs is a collection of boxer dog stories told from the eyes of Brix, the boxer dog. He is also known as the B-Stud. From these boxer stories, we learn of the joys and pains of puppy-hood to adult life. Along the way, boxer dog and owner learn to strengthen their human to canine bond thru training, playing and just being plain silly. Enjoy!


For videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/specs23
Send us your dog stories: leungjcp@gmail.com







Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Boxer graduates with honours


Sometimes, "I told you so", just doesn't seem to cut it. I might want to say, "In your dog faces, arrrrrf arrrf!" but that would be mean and the B-Stud is confident, but not cocky. It's a fine line.
Today was graduation day at Canine Campus and also examination day. Again, I partied too much over the weekend in Sudbury so I didn't study. Dad was nervous for me. I could see it in his eyes. I think some of our classmates dropped out, only 3 of us showed up. My buddy Tungsten was there looking smart as usual.
"Woof Tungsten! Did you study?"
"A little, it should be easy stuff. Ms. Glenny isn't a mean teacher."
"I hope she doesn't give us the sit down sit command. Dad never taught me that."
"I'm sure it will be fine. You the B-Stud, you're smart the ladies love you."
"Yeah, I know. Later Tungsten."
The class loosened up by taking jumps over the wooden apparatus. I did it no problem. Then the warm up exam, rally O style. We were to approach pylons placed on the ground. Each pylon had signs where we had to perform a specific task. Tungsten and his mom was up first. He breezed through with ease. "Damn Tungsten, you got skills." I thought to myself. Then it was my turn. I was a little nervous. I couldn't sit still and broke out of the first task which was to wait. I calmed down and continued. "Not too bad", I thought until we got to SIT-DOWN-SIT. I think Dad was more stunned than I. "Oh crap," I heard Dad mumble. I have good hearing. I struggled but managed and whizzed through the rest. Warm up was over, time for the real thing.
The exam was timed. Best time gets top honours. I just wanted to pass. Again, Tungsten and his mom went first. Then it was my turn. I gave all my focus to Dad as he guided me through the course. This time I waited until I was called. Along the way, I amazed some of the audience. My sit down sit was perfect. No hesitation. My stand, was done to the tee. Before I knew it, it was over. I had completed the course in 1min 35 sec. Ms. Glenny was proud of me! She was really impressed at my time and my performance. At the end, Dad and I made the best time.
"He's a good dog," Ms. Glenny told my Dad.
"He's all right. We've worked really hard."
"Well, it definitely shows."
Just ALL RIGHT? C'mon Dad, give me more credit! I was amzaing today! I was awarded my cerficate for Manners II and received a little toy from Ms. Glenny. Grandma and Grandpa were also impressed when I got home. They gave me hugs and kisses. It's just another day in the life of the B-Stud. I'll be smart when I have to be, do what I want, when I want to. You never know, I might even be smarter than you!
B-Stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment