Welcome to The Boxer Dog Stories

Specs Dogs is a collection of boxer dog stories told from the eyes of Brix, the boxer dog. He is also known as the B-Stud. From these boxer stories, we learn of the joys and pains of puppy-hood to adult life. Along the way, boxer dog and owner learn to strengthen their human to canine bond thru training, playing and just being plain silly. Enjoy!


For videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/specs23
Send us your dog stories: leungjcp@gmail.com







Friday, September 11, 2009

Dogs Remember, One Year Later.




During the winter, Dad would let me play and run outside.  I loved the snow and I ate a lot of it.  So much so, my pee was clear liquid when it splashed onto the kitchen floor.  Ahh! What a relief, or so I thought.  Dad punished me even though we all know it was his fault.

I remember it clearly.  I'm sure most dog owners have wondered,  do dogs really remember?  Can dogs actually create memories?  Take it from me, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I know dogs can remember.

The day I graduated from my advanced course, I saw someone. I had not seen her for almost a year.  I knew that smell.  I knew her voice and her body shape.  Emotions quickly filled every inch of my body.  I started panting hard, my heart started to race.  My butt wiggled so hard it almost fell off.   Even though I had not seen her for a while, she will always have a special place in my heart.

"I know you." I said and I darted towards her,  jumping up onto her body. My tongue hung out almost touching the floor.

"Hi Brix! I miss you."  She didn't say it in those words, but her face told me so.
"Where have you been?" I asked.  "I miss the house and the big backyard!"

She didn't answer.  She was surprised to see me.  My eyes met hers and I hugged her with all my boxer strength.  I got up on my hind legs to meet her face so I could lick her over and over again.  She hugged me back too and stroked my head. 


"You didn't get too much bigger Brix."
"No, you know I had weight issues but I'm good now."
"Your head got bigger though."
"Yeah, because I got smarter.  I'm now the smartest of the dummies!"

When I was a small puppy, she took care of me, fed me, chased after me, and taught me about life as a dog.  I was raised by her and became a handsome young man.  The last time I saw her, I remember seeing tears in her eyes.  I didn't understand what was going on.  Before I knew it, I found myself in a new environment with so many new smells.  That night, I recall, was a stressful one.  I refused to eat my dog food. I wanted to know what was was going on.  I moved slowly and cautiously in my new surroundings.  My head hung low as I sat by the door, waiting.  I cried and whimpered all night until I couldn't take anymore and fell asleep.  Hoping to wake up from a bad dream, the next morning I found myself in the same place, with the same smells.  She was gone. 

"Where did she go?  Where am I?  Who are you?  Everything smells different"  I paced back and forth.
"Brix, it's ok.  I'm going to take care of you now.  Trust in me."  That was Dad speaking.      

"Am I in doggy heaven?  'Cause I kind of expected way more and way better than this."  I asked.
"No Brix, we adopted you and this is your new home and family pack."

That was about a year ago today.  A lot has changed in one year but much has also stayed the same.  One thing that hasn't changed is my love for my first family.  I will never forget the times we had.  I hope all is well.  Good luck because I hear your hands are full with "the ruler of mount olympus" (the 4 legged version).

B-Stud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment