The story of Chai begins with Chai chewing on his toy. After chewing the toy a suction is created causing his tongue to swell inside the ball. The swelling becomes so great, veterinarians decide Chai's tongue must be amputated. A recall is now in place for this pimple ball toy from Four Paws. Chai's complete story can be viewed here:
It is not the first time this type of injury has occurred. Apparently a shephard mix has also suffered the same type of swelling. Folks, be aware of this type of toy.