Welcome to The Boxer Dog Stories

Specs Dogs is a collection of boxer dog stories told from the eyes of Brix, the boxer dog. He is also known as the B-Stud. From these boxer stories, we learn of the joys and pains of puppy-hood to adult life. Along the way, boxer dog and owner learn to strengthen their human to canine bond thru training, playing and just being plain silly. Enjoy!


For videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/specs23
Send us your dog stories: leungjcp@gmail.com







Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bad Week


No one said being  a teenager was going to be easy. It was a bad week, maybe even a bad new year so far. 

I was just getting over my parasite infection and slowly getting back to my old food, although I started to really like the plain white rice and boiled chicken Mom and Dad were feeding me.   So things started to look up right ....wrong.

While Dad was helping teach a doggie class, he put me in a cage so I couldn't bother anyone.  I tried to be good, I really did but knowing there were dogs on the floor, I had to play and sniff them out.  After the class, Dad let me out but we stayed a bit to watch the next class... from behind the glass window.  Dad didn't allow me to participate.

"Man! This is my house and I want to see the other doggies.  You can't do this to me!"
"Brix, focus.  Let's work on heeling and by the way, this is not your house."
"No!"

And with that I climbed up onto the swinging door leading into the class.  It unlached itself and like a bull, I barged into the classroom.  All black dogs in the class!  Oh there's Ebony...oh and there's Sonic.....and who is this?  I darted towards her and tackled her.  That was all I remembered before I was tacked by her owner and Dad came running behind.

I had done something terrible.  Dad looked so shocked and confused.  The next thing I knew, Mrs. Glenny (Dad's boss) put me in a down and looked me in the eye. I did not dare say a word and remained still.

When we got home, I got an earful from Dad.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?  Do you even know what you did?
I stayed silent.
"If Sadie's owner presses charges, you will never see me again.  Goodbye to this.  Use your brain, think, control your instinct."
"Yeah right Dad, control what is genetically programed in me."
"What's that?  You better control yourself because I taught you better than that!   If not, say hello to Rainbow Bridge."
"I hate you Dad. I hope bad things happen to you."

I spent the good part of the night in the basement kennel, reflecting on my actions. I wanted to play, I wanted to meet new dogs and they were playing on my turf.  But Dad was right, I was wrong.  The next day Dad apologized to Sadie's owner and thankfully she was understanding.

Before the end of the week, bad things did happen to Dad.  He got sick with a cold, and then he got a traffic ticket for making a left between 7-9am when he wasn't suppose to.  He kept complaining about 110 bucks whatever that means.
I hope me and Dad, and Mom catch a break soon.

B-Stud

    

No comments:

Post a Comment