My wife and I love Boxers. For the longest time we could not agree on a breed until we visited some boxers at the local dog daycare. Here are some reasons why we love them.
1. They love and crave human companionship. They will find their way in your lap even though they are not considered a lap dog.
2. They have a lot of energy, are athletic and make good jogging partners. We love the outdoors and we are very active ourselves.
3. Natural clowns as they are known for their humorous antics and kidney bean wiggle.
4. A good medium sized dog, not too small to break your back and not too big for apartment living.
5. Short hair equals easier grooming maintenance.
I know I'm missing a lot of other reasons but those are the quick ones that come to mind.