Welcome to The Boxer Dog Stories

Specs Dogs is a collection of boxer dog stories told from the eyes of Brix, the boxer dog. He is also known as the B-Stud. From these boxer stories, we learn of the joys and pains of puppy-hood to adult life. Along the way, boxer dog and owner learn to strengthen their human to canine bond thru training, playing and just being plain silly. Enjoy!


For videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/specs23
Send us your dog stories: leungjcp@gmail.com







Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boxer Heaven



Instead of having a b-day party, Dad and Mom decided to treat me to an event.  They said it was a surprise so I had no idea where we were going.  All I remember was taking the highway.

When we got there, I saw a big sign...  Oakwood Collegiate ... "Where da hell are we?"  I asked.  We started to approach a large grass field with fences along the edges.  A group of people were talking in the middle of the field.  Then I saw them....all of them.  They came in different sizes and their colours were brindle, white, fawn and they all looked like me!...but I was the most handsome of course.  I saw boxers!  All of them were boxers!  We were at a boxer meetup!

"OMG!  Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!  I'm home again, with my people!  Or should I say my canines?!"
"Son, go have fun with the others", and Dad released me into the play area.

I walked slowly towards the massive group of boxers and their owners.  I didn't know anyone at first so I approached them with caution.  I wonder who the alpha was?  Better not piss him/her off.  I estimated about 10 boxers were huddled together talking.

"Who's the new guy?"  I heard someone say.
"Fresh meat y'all!"  And then they all started to sniff me.
"I'm Brix and I'm 2 today."
"I'm Gustavo, but you can call me Gus.Happy bday."  He was also a brindle boxer and he was nice to me.
"I'm Zowie, nice to meet you." she said in a tiny voice.  She was a cute white puppy.  No chance to get wit her tho.
"I'm Leroy."  He was a flashy fawn just a little smaller in size than me.
"Yo Brix, I'm Jam."  He was also a flashy fawn, solid with a muscular build.

I hung around Leroy, Gus and Jam mainly.  They were about my size and age.  They were a friendly bunch.  We chased each other the whole time.  I was at peace and was free of that stupid leash Dad and Mom put on me.  We began chatting about old girlfriends like all studs would and I started to talk about how black labs bitches were the hottest when we heard a fight happen.

"I'm warning you right now.  DON'T get any closer to me."  It was one of the white boxers staring down another boxer.  He was the tallest of the group and stood with confidence.  His muscles were erect and his head was held high, tail straight up.

"And what are you going to do about it huh?  This is my pack.  I am there leader."  That was the second boxer speaking.  He was huge, stocky, and approached the white one slowly with his chest puffed out.  Leroy lowered his head and let the stocky boxer pass.  




I watched from a distance.  The two boxers now were about 1 foot away from each other and then they froze, staring each other in the eyes.  The place fell silent.  Without a word, the two let out deep low growls and instantly were on their hind legs.  Both tried to take the other down.  No one tried to submit.  I darted towards the two, hoping to break the two apart but their owners forcefully broke off the fight.

After that I looked at the owners as they showed disappointment with their boxers' behaviour.

"I'm so sorry,  I'll leave." The boxer owner apologized.  The stocky boxer and his owner started to leave the field. "It's all right.  I don't know what got into him." the other owner said solemnly.

Not long after the tall white boxer and his owner decided to leave too.

"Dad what happened? Why didn't you let me stop them.
"It's none of your business Brix.."  Dad replied.  Dad tried to explain some more.
"Sometimes dogs don't like everyone. One wrong look and that's all it takes.  Let me ask you.  Why don't you like Rotti on 52?"
"Uh.....'cause he smells weird? "
"Seriously?"
"No, cause he showed teeth to me and I run the streets of Murray Wilson."
"See, not everyone is your friend either."

 After the meet up I said bye to my new friends.  It was awesome and I hope we see each other again.  Then as usual, I dozed off in the car, during the ride home.  What a great day.

B-Stud

4 comments: