Welcome to The Boxer Dog Stories

Specs Dogs is a collection of boxer dog stories told from the eyes of Brix, the boxer dog. He is also known as the B-Stud. From these boxer stories, we learn of the joys and pains of puppy-hood to adult life. Along the way, boxer dog and owner learn to strengthen their human to canine bond thru training, playing and just being plain silly. Enjoy!


For videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/specs23
Send us your dog stories: leungjcp@gmail.com







Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kicking up Grass After Pooping.

Dad says it's a bad habit.  I say it's just the way I express myself.  Others say it's how dogs spread their scent around.  I don't even know how I learned it.  After pooping in the park one day....I felt like kicking up grass. . and I mean using all four paws to kick the grass up into the air, digging with every stroke.  I wasn't even trying to cover up my stinky mess, I just wanted to see grass blades fly.

It's an instinct hardwired into my brain I think.  I've never seen other dogs do it, I just knew how.  It's the same behaviour as lifting my leg to pee.  I just know how to do it.  What does it all mean?

Dad talked to a couple of his friends about it:

"Does your dog, you know, kick up grass after he poops?"
"Oh every dog does it!"
"I've only seen one other dog do it.  Is it a dominance or territorial thing?"
"Well, they say it's a way they try to spread their scent but I don't know. No one has a real good answer."
"Just this spring he started doing it, and only at the park.  What does it mean?"

Oh well, what ever the reason, I like it, makes me feel good, and I was born to it!

1 comment: